[Qgis-developer] Build failure following qt creator setup instructions

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Sun Jul 3 10:53:49 PDT 2016

On 07/03/2016 03:15 PM, Andrea Aime wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 3, 2016 at 2:37 PM, Matthias Kuhn <matthias at opengis.ch
> <mailto:matthias at opengis.ch>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Andrea,
>
>     On 07/03/2016 02:18 PM, Andrea Aime wrote:
>     >   File "/home/aaime/devel/qgis/scripts/pyuic-wrapper.py", line 26, in
>     > <module>
>     >     import qgis.PyQt.uic.pyuic
>     > ImportError: No module named PyQt.uic.pyuic
>     >
>     > Any clue as to why the build is failing?
>
>     Do you have (an old version of) QGIS installed via package manager?
>

> Yes, QGis 2.8.6 Wien, as part of the standard packages of Mint.
> Are you suggesting to remove it?  Was kind of hoping to have two
> versions side by side, one stable for day to day work, and one built fresh
> to test SLD generation changes.

I am not sure what causes the build failure, it's not the first time I
hear about it but I've never been able to properly trace it to its roots
(and it never happened for me).
In short: I'm trying to find the cause.

If you could remove the qgis-python package from the system and check
back if the build failure persists that would help to assess the problem.

Matthias