[Qgis-developer] Will be submitting new QGIS D3 Chart plugin - experimental or not

Neumann, Andreas a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Jul 20 07:39:30 PDT 2016

Hi,

You can submit it as non-experimental right away, if you think it is
already mature enough. I think this flag is self-declared - up to the
developer to decide. Paolo, who checks new plugins may suggest to the
plugin author to mark it as experimental if he thinks it is not yet
mature enough.

Reasons for experimental:

- still under early development (initial version)

- may fail in a lot of cases (unsuitable for production use)

- no documentation at all - not obvious for the user how to use it

It looks like a very nice plugin - thank you for developing and
submitting it! Definitely useful for people doing time analysis. I will
recommend it to my local police, who already is doing crime analysis
with QGIS.

Greetings,

Andreas