[Qgis-developer] SLD export not compliant due to unit attribute in the root element

René-Luc Dhont rldhont at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 01:04:16 PDT 2016

Hi Andrea,

I'm the author of the commits that add a 'units' attribute to
StyleLayerDescriptor element.
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/commit/b54b1598a6ba145a51aa266cde9282ae4d0378ad
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/commit/f7ce8b94344e7a7dd12fac2a90bd84df30b7e82f

If you look at the code of these 2 commits, I didn't change anything
about QGIS SLD interpretation. In the QGIS core, a 'units' attribute is
used to defined the SLD default units for distance.
But I didn't add this 'units' attribute for QGIS and QGIS Server SLD
interpretation, I add these 'units' for GeoServer.

I didn't used uomScale because of SLD has to be used for any DPI screen.
So if a QGIS user made style in pixels, he has made the choice to have
different rendering in different DPI screen. But if the user made style
in mm on the screen, the stroke or line has to have the same size in
different DPI screen.

Can QGIS extend SLD by added it's own schema for defining units attribute ?

Can we used a VendorOption, to specify mm on the screen like in GeoServer ?
http://docs.geoserver.org/latest/en/user/styling/sld-extensions/label-obstacles.html

About uom in Symbolizer, I think QGIS has to add it like GeoServer
http://docs.geoserver.org/latest/en/user/styling/sld-extensions/uom.html#example

Regards,

René-Luc