[Qgis-developer] MS SQLServer support to DB manager

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 02:25:42 PDT 2016

On 26 Jul 2016 7:09 PM, "PIERRE Sylvain" <sylvain.pierre at bas-rhin.fr> wrote:

> Hi devs,
>

> Is there any plan to add MS SQLServer support to DB manager?

I haven't seen anyone publicly working on this, but it sure would be nice!

> I notice Oracle support was added in 2.14…
>
> I don’t have any idea of kind of work such improvement represent…
>
> Should it be funded?

Funding is just one way to ensure it's implemented in a way that suits your
needs and meets your desired timeline. Otherwise options are:

1. Wait for someone else to write/fund this. (Can take a long time for a
feature like this, or it could be tomorrow... There's no way of predicting!)
2. Implement it yourself. If you're comfortable working with python this
should be relatively straightforward. It's a matter of copying what was
done for the Oracle databases and adapting for mssql.
3. Proactively seek backers/crowd source the funding yourself - if you're
good at networking and social media this is a great option!
4. Find a developer who will donate the time to implement this.

Hope that helps!
Nyall