[Qgis-developer] [idea] add micro-crowdfund platform to projecta/osgeo

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Sat Jul 30 23:54:08 PDT 2016

I ran into exactly the same issues when starting crowdfunding campaigns.

On 26/07/16 11:40, Nyall Dawson wrote:

> I hate having to cut out the micro-donations (since they are very
> important!), but just couldn't find a way to meet the needs of both
> individuals doing micro donations and organisations wishing to
> contribute larger amounts. None of the hosted services do this, and I
> shied away from the self-hosted ones (even though some open source
> ones look quite attractive!) as I can't afford the time investment
> required to setup/maintain these.
What I did in addition to emails was setup a paypal button for micro
donations from which I manually updated the status bar once in a while.
Paypal allows cancelling of operations for a certain time (30 d IIRC) so
if the deadline is not too far in the future this should work out.
Of course it would be nicer if it was automated but manual updating was
just faster than setup and maintenance.

> So in short... I'd love to have access to a more flexible crowd
> funding platform which is specifically tailored to funding open source
> software development!
+1

Matthias