[Qgis-developer] WFS question in QGIS master

Neumann, Andreas a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Jun 1 02:10:05 PDT 2016

Hi Even,

Thank you for your time to analyze the problem.

Unfortunately, while we can try to influence Geomedia Web Map server to
become more standard compliant (which we probably should do), it means
that we have to wait at minimum 1.5-2 years until these fixes would
become available to us - if they even accept our demand for the fixes.

If you are willing to work on making QGIS "more tolerant" to read such
WFS, we would probably be interested in funding this work. Probably
cheaper and faster for us than trying to fix Geomedia Web Map server. On
the other hand there is an internal effort at our organization to
establish a parallel open source web map server (most likely QGIS
server) next to Geomedia or potentially replace it over time.

I will discuss offlist with you and my colleagues to see what makes
sense in our case.

Thanks,

Andreas