[Qgis-developer] (Yet again) SAGA support badly broken in QGIS

Victor Olaya volayaf at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 11:26:16 PDT 2016

> SAGA already can use OGR instead of just shapefiles. By using the
> module io_gdal you can load a file through OGR into memory, do your
> analysis and save using the same module to any ogr file.
> It does not have to be a shape file. In the gui, try dragging and
> dropping an OGR supported file on saga or go through
> geoprocessing>file>gdal/ogr import.

I might be wrong but...how do you use that in the command line? We
already use io_gdal for converting formats (a step we would like to
avoid...), but the call to an actual module that does analysis can
only be made (correct me if I'm wrong) with a shapefile as input (in
the case of vector layers).

can you, for instance, call an algorithm passing a geojson file as input?

Thanks!