[Qgis-developer] Fwd: Cannot install QGIS anymore on debian stretch.... gdal-abi-2-0-2 absent ...any workarounds please

Sebastiaan Couwenberg sebastic at xs4all.nl
Fri Jun 3 04:53:51 PDT 2016

On 06/03/2016 01:30 PM, Johan Van de Wauw wrote:
> We have just had a gdal transition (to version 2.1).
>
> GĂ©rard Vidal wrote:
>> after an  update/upgrade  of my debian stretch QGIS got uninstalled and it
>> is not any more possible to install it due to missing dependencies on
>> gdal-abi-2-0-2
>> gdal-abi-2-1-0 is virtual package provided by libgdal20
>> <https://packages.debian.org/sid/libgdal20>
>>
>> I am using the standard repo :
>> deb http://qgis.org/debian/ stretch main
>>
>> Can you please change the dependencies or tell me what to do

The packages in the QGIS repository need to be rebuilt with the new GDAL
version in testing & unstable. These rebuilds are required every time a
new GDAL upstream release is included in Debian.

The QGIS release repositories don't generally don't get rebuilt often,
so currently your best bet is to use the nightly builds which do pick up
dependency changes.

Unfortunately due to the lack of WebKit support in Python Qt4 all QGIS
features which rely on it are broken currently. This affects both the
upstream QGIS packages as those in Debian which have been rebuilt for
the GDAL transition. There was talk of a branch with changes to deal
with the removal of WebKit from Python Qt4, but these changes have not
found their way into 2.14 LTR yet (nor have the osgEarth 2.7 changes).

Kind Regards,

Bas

--
 GPG Key ID: 4096R/6750F10AE88D4AF1