[Qgis-developer] Report 2 - QGIS Symbology Sharing Tools

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Sun Jun 5 01:13:52 PDT 2016

On 05-06-16 09:02, Akbar Gumbira wrote:

> *Are you blocked on anything?*
> ... In Github or Bitbucket they provide a direct link to
> the raw file. But I think I should look at more general approach without
> manipulating the URL depending on the host. If you have some input, I
> would be happy to assess it.

Thanks Akbar,

I did some googling:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14405782/git-fetch-single-file-from-remote-repository-programatically
If you really want to keep it git, it looks like a shallow clone/copy is
the only way? That post also talks about some undocumented feature, but
I would not depend on that?

Personally I would be ok when both Github and Gitlab/Gog would work (as
both a closed source and open source member of the git-web-world)...

Or: a script running somewhere on our server, (shallow) cloning all
registred repositories periodically, and making just the metadata.txt
files available via http/webserver? (maybe giving us some time to check
the repo's on structure and (malicious?) content?

Or else: a django app for the metadata...

Regards,

Richard