[Qgis-developer] Duplicate plugins: proposal

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Thu Jun 9 01:28:54 PDT 2016

Il 08/06/2016 20:59, Niccolò Marchi ha scritto:
> (unfortunately) No suggestions for improvement except for setting that
> sentence as first and highlighting it as much as possible :)
>

> The additional page was absolutely not meant to be on your shoulders but
> up to each developer with valid access, as a sort of “blackboard for
> notes”. When someone is testing more plugins dealing with a specific
> topic and finds similar functionalities, he can just add his notes as a
> reminder (open to the public). Pretty “informal”, let’s say, but useful
> to cluster plugins according to the effort of everyone who wants to
> contribute, instead of basing everything on your exclusive knowledge of
> each plugin.

In my experience, these pages are nice to start with, but soon they
become full of cruft and difficult to maintain. Even worse, since they
may contain useful info, nobody is really willing to rase them, so we
are left with a number of obsolete info around. IMHO this will only work
if there is someone willing to maintain it.
All the best, and thanks.

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu