[Qgis-developer] Problem editing geometries with no-owner user in Oracle spatial 11g via QGIS

Eduardo Gonzalez egonzale at mappi.helsinki.fi
Fri Jun 17 01:04:05 PDT 2016

I am quite new to the developers list, and I am not sure does this question
belong here or should I post it to the users list. I thought this is quite
a technical issue so maybe here can be found someone that has been testing
the oracle driver functionality?

Testing QGIS with an Oracle Spatial 11g, where a user A owns a spatial
table and all objects and metadata related to the table. This user can edit
the geometries without problems via QGIS.

The problem is that a user B, with grants to a spatial table (no owner
though) cannot edit geometries although is able to create new ones or to
remove them from the table owned by A. In other environments (Microstation
and directly in Oracle) user B is actually able to edit features.

Anyone has any idea or hints on what the problem is here?

Regards,

Eduardo