[Qgis-developer] Problem editing geometries with no-owner user in Oracle spatial 11g via QGIS

Médéric Ribreux mederic.ribreux at medspx.fr
Sat Jun 18 03:42:46 PDT 2016

Hello,

you need to grant update,delete and insert for the other user on the
tables .
I have a working QGIS application where all the tables are stored on a
dedicated Oracle schema and users are connected with another account
than the schema owner, so I think this is a right problem.

You probably want to add read/write rights to index tables too (MDRT_*).

PS: this is on Oracle 11g with QGIS 2.10 but I am nearly sure that any
newer version of QGIS will work too !
Cheers !

Le 2016-06-17 10:04, Eduardo Gonzalez a écrit :
> I am quite new to the developers list, and I am not sure does this
> question belong here or should I post it to the users list. I thought
> this is quite a technical issue so maybe here can be found someone
> that has been testing the oracle driver functionality?
>
> Testing QGIS with an Oracle Spatial 11g, where a user A owns a spatial
> table and all objects and metadata related to the table. This user can
> edit the geometries without problems via QGIS.
>
> The problem is that a user B, with grants to a spatial table (no owner
> though) cannot edit geometries although is able to create new ones or
> to remove them from the table owned by A. In other environments
> (Microstation and directly in Oracle) user B is actually able to edit
> features.
>
> Anyone has any idea or hints on what the problem is here?
>
> Regards,
>
> Eduardo

Médéric RIBREUX
https://medspx.fr