[Qgis-developer] Any plans for implementing vector tile generation on QGIS Server?

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch
Sun Jun 19 01:10:51 PDT 2016

Hi Nikolai

Oh sorry, was reading the mail in a rush and meant raster tiles.

I don't have much experience with vector tiles. Afaik, they come without
symbolisation? If yes, is there a reason why the vector tile serving
needs to be inside QGIS server?  Or could you just use another
application that you point to the datasource?
E.g. there is an interesting new project called t-rex
(https://github.com/pka/t-rex), afaik it supports PBF.

Regards,
Marco

--