[Qgis-developer] Report 5 - QGIS Symbology Sharing Tools

Akbar Gumbira akbargumbira at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 10:10:21 PDT 2016

Hi,

I made a video of the progress so far:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmJ2Vh3a63U

*What did you get done this week?*

   - Saving the metadata of the collections to local as a cache (after some
   operations like adding/removing/deleting repository) so that when user
   doesn't have internet, (s)he will still be able to browse collection.
   - Filtering collections with custom QSortFilterProxyModel to allow
   filtering based on author, name, description, etc.
   - Fix unicode problem (The problem is when parsing the metadatafile.
   Using ConfigParser it was read as str. Changed it to SafeConfigParser with
   codecs module)
   - Implemented reload repositories. Also when fetching metadata, never
   use cache
   - Implemented Ale's suggestion to have a directory file in official
   repository and containing available repositories (and by default all those
   repositories will be registered in the plugin)
   - Still thinking to use git as it will be more efficient rather than
   using zip url and tried Dulwich (Python pure git implementation), but it's
   freezing the UI (see the video above)

*What do you plan on doing next week?*

   - My code is getting harder to read. Need to refactor some and make tests
   - Tried to load a repository that contains 1000 collections. Right now,
   I just saved the metadata's cache (dict) to the qsettings. The QGIS config
   file is getting too big. WIll move this to a separate pickled file.
   - Explored Dulwich more

Are you blocked on anything?
I have problem with Dulwich. It's freezing the UI. I want to show the
progress of cloning/pulling repository realtime but I haven't figured out a
way yet.