[Qgis-developer] Report 5 - QGIS Symbology Sharing Tools

Akbar Gumbira akbargumbira at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 02:52:15 PDT 2016

HI,

Yes, I am trying to explore Dulwich now (which is a pure Python
implementation of GIT). There is no need to add git dependency added to
QGIS or that user needs to have git in their computer (if Dulwich works
nicely).

And as Ale said, we would like to have 2 designs implemented here:

   - Repository handler. This should be independent to the protocol of the
   repository. In the case of filesystem, it would be just to copy the
   repository to the plugin working directory and extract the collections
   inside. I made handlers classes quite general and will be refactoring time
   to time if it's needed (now I am still working on git protocol though).
   - Resources handler. This part of the system should handle how the
   resources in the collection being imported into QGIS.

The focus on this GSoC phase is to fetch and import the collections (not
the sharing part). With this goal, it would be easier for users if we
implement in a way that they don't need to make a list of the resources in
the collections. That's why I am still looking for a solution other than
listing all the resources and fetch them one by one using HTTP request to
the git host.

Cheers