[Qgis-developer] plugin translation

matteo matteo.ghetta at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 07:45:37 PST 2016

Hi all,
I did not found something in the pyqgis cookbook so I'll ask here.

I'd like to translate my own plugin in some languages. This are the the
steps I made (plugin has been built with the plugin builder):

* in the i18n folder I have created a my_plugin.pro file
* run lupdate my_plugin.pro to generate the my_plugin.ts file
* translated some string with Qt Linguist
* run lrelease my_plugin.ts to generate the my_plugin.qm file
* recompile the plugin: pyrcc4 -o resources_rc.py resources.qr

* in QGIS I have the language options in the same language of the
translated file (so locale setting are overwritten)

But the plugin UIs and menu are still in English, so translations are
not taken into account.

Am I missing something?

Thanks to all

Best