[Qgis-developer] share plugins (English required)

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Fri Mar 11 07:25:48 PST 2016

Il 11/03/2016 16:03, Richard Duivenvoorde ha scritto:

> But in general I think it would still be good to stick to the plan: a
> big international repo, which every body can find, which can be used to
> find examples and example code etc.

agreed, sharing is better than forking IMHO. after all, many of these
cadastral plugins will have points in common, and will be easier for a
new one start from existing examples.

> And preferably(!) english/multilingual ( and code/tags/description ), so
> Paolo keep pushing, but please keep the plugins coming (even in
> chinese/persian) :-)

no worries, new plugins are coming almost every day :)

> Maybe a feature for the plugin repo: languages used, so you can filter
> on it?

it would be nice, but complicated: a tag for every language? what if the
plugin is only partially translated?
IMHO: let's make al plugins ready for internationalization, so anyone
can contribute with their translation file.
I think accepting exceptions like these (as we have already done in
similar case), and keep the general rule, is the simplest and more
reasonable option, at least for now.

All the best.
--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu