[Qgis-developer] Dockers for QGIS

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Sat Mar 19 01:58:17 PDT 2016

Hi Paolo,

It is relatively easy to have several parallel QGIS versions on Linux,
if you compile it yourself. You can set the CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX to
wherever you like, e.g. in your home directory.

You would install into several independent directories and introduce a
3-line shell script to start the specific version. Something like:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/an/qgis/qgis_2_8/lib
export QGIS_PREFIX_PATH=/home/an/qgis/qgis_2_8
/home/an/qgis/qgis_2_8/bin/qgis

Note that /home/an/qgis should be replaced to wherever you have chosen
to install.

This is really easy and it helps to work with and test versions directly
from github.

Greetings,
Andreas