[Qgis-developer] Dockers for QGIS

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Sat Mar 19 02:24:42 PDT 2016

Il 19/03/2016 09:58, Andreas Neumann ha scritto:
> Hi Paolo,
>
> It is relatively easy to have several parallel QGIS versions on Linux,
> if you compile it yourself. You can set the CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX to
> wherever you like, e.g. in your home directory.

Thanks Andreas,
I know of this possibility, but in the past I did have bad experiences,
and I'd prefer to keep things clean.
One reason why I'd like to have things in separate environments is that
being on sid base libs change often, so I always have to recompile all
versions to avoid crashes. This may get difficult when qt4 support in
Debian will be removed. That's why I explored the docker alternative.
Thanks again.

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu