[Qgis-developer] qt5 python3 build?

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Sat Mar 19 14:54:25 PDT 2016

Hi Devs,

I see a lot of qt5/py3 related commits passing, nice work, thanks.

Knowing Tim has some build/run dockers for different QGIS versions [0]:
I think it would be nice to have a docker build for qt5/py3 too. That
(at least for me) would make it easier to test in parallel with other
versions (and other distro version).

So my question: if I want to build in a Debian Jessie Docker, are there
any extra instructions or packages needed? I see in the Travis yaml
soemthing about an environment var: QT_VERSION=5
But we probably also need other libs too?

Or am I too eager and is it just too early to try this out yet...

Regards,

Richard

ps: anybody running a decent Linux and has Docker running. Try out the
docker build/run scripts from [0] :-)

[0] https://github.com/kartoza/docker-qgis-desktop