[Qgis-developer] QGIS3: getting rid of Load layer toolbar?

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Tue Mar 22 04:16:45 PDT 2016

Hi all,
I know it's early, but maybe we can start thinking about it: IMHO one
important target for Q3 will be to get rid of as much duplication as
possible. IMHO, loading layers is much more efficient through the
Browser than through all the single buttons; removing these will give a
much cleaner interface, and more predictable behaviour.
Unfortunately, there are still tasks that can only be done with the
buttons (e.g. loading PostGIS layers without an explicit PK is possible
through the button, fails through the Browser).
Should we start a list of missing functions, so we know what should be
done, and when we can drop the toolbar? Or does someone already have the
list? Anyone working on that?
All the best.
--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu