[Qgis-developer] Qt5 and Python 3

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Wed May 4 09:17:14 PDT 2016

On 04/05/16 18:09, Matthias Kuhn wrote:
> In the case of OSX a combination of Qt5/PyQt4/Py2 may also make sense
> because I think there are Qt4 compatibility issues with OSX which this
> combination may overcome while still offering support for the current
> plugin ecosystem.

And I just realized that this combination may also be a possibility for
you, Bas.
Or another approach would be to compile with -DWITH_QT_WEBKIT=OFF to
continue shipping Qt4 based builds. That would leave most plugins usable
but at the expense of limitations in other parts of the application
(most notable HTML based functionality in annotations and composer).
Just for the sake of completeness of the available possibilities.

Matthias