[Qgis-developer] Why is QgsCoordinateTransform a QObject?

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Sun May 8 01:54:53 PDT 2016

Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone can shed any light onto why
QgsCoordinateTransform is a QObject? I can't see any good reason for
this within the QGIS code itself, given that:

- the slots initialise(), readXML() and writeXML() are never used as
slots, but instead just called directly
- there is only one signal, invalidTransformInput(), which nothing connects to

Given this, it seems unnecessary to make QgsCoordinateTransform a
QObject subclass, and in doing so it complicates copying/assigning
QgsCoordinateTransform objects.

Can anyone explain this? Any objections if I change this for 3.0?

Nyall