[Qgis-developer] SIP 4.18 and ConvertToSubClassCode

Sandro Mani manisandro at gmail.com
Wed May 11 06:33:13 PDT 2016

Hi

Fedora has updated to SIP 4.18, and I'm now seeing some issues with
subclass conversions, in particular

composerView.composition().getComposerItemById("aQgsComposerLabel")

does not anymore return a QgsComposerLabel instance, but rather a
QgsComposerItem instance.

Does anyone familiar with SIP know how to debug this? I've tried playing
around with the ConvertToSubClassCode code in qgscomposeritem.sip, in
particular changing sipClass with sipType (having read that the former
is deprecated [1]), but no improvements. I actually don't even see that
code executing by setting a breakpoint in sip_corepart0.cpp.

So, any ideas?

Thanks

Sandro

[1] https://riverbankcomputing.com/pipermail/pyqt/2010-June/026759.html