[Qgis-developer] GEOS error Exception: IllegalArgumentException: Invalid number of points in LinearRing found 3 - must be 0 or >= 4

A Huarte ahuarte47 at yahoo.es
Sat May 14 17:05:53 PDT 2016

Hi Janneke, you are right. The simplification process is executed just when the original geometry is read from data source and it can create invalid geometries. These invalid geometries will be used in subsequent processes using geometry calculations.
You can disable the simplification of a layer from its options menu -> properties -> rendering -> uncheck the "simplify geometry" CheckBox. Or you can disable the simplification by default from -> settings -> options -> rendering -> uncheck the "Enable feature simplification by default ..." CheckBox.
This pull request moves the simplification just when the geometry is rendered, the geometry remains unchanged from the data source in order to avoid these problems.
Kind regardsAlvaro