[Qgis-developer] Qt5 and Python 3

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Sat May 14 23:23:04 PDT 2016

Hi Richard

On 14/05/16 20:52, Richard Duivenvoorde wrote:
> On 14-05-16 00:02, Matthias Kuhn wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm happy to announce that we found a way to integrate proper NULL value
>> support for also for pre-PyQt 5.7 versions.
>>
>> This fix has been sponsored by OPENGIS.ch - like many others to pave the
>> road towards proper python 3 and Qt5 support.
> Nice!
>
> Any plan to maybe write a nice blog on opengis.ch about it?  I'm curious
> about the way you integrated it (it seemed a big puzzle isn't it?). I
> would also be much helped by some info about the possibility to compile
> (and run) both a python2/Qt4 and a python3/Qt5 version (on Debian :-) ).
I'm thinking about it.
The commands to build with Python3 and Qt5 are at the bottom of this
blog post:

http://www.opengis.ch/2016/05/04/qgis-qt5-and-python3-migration-current-state/

Apart from this, dependencies need to be installed (pyqt5-python3,
qwt-qt5, qwtpolar-qt5 (optional), qscintilla2-qt5, qt5 -> look for dev
packages for all of them)

Matthias