[Qgis-developer] Missing release announcements?

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Fri May 27 06:59:55 PDT 2016

On May 27, 2016, at 7:18 AM, Jürgen E. Fischer <jef at norbit.de> wrote:

> Hi William,
>
> On Thu, 26. May 2016 at 14:19:11 -0500, William Kyngesburye wrote:
>> I have not seen any release announcements lately and my OS X packaging is way
>> behind, 2.8.4 and 2.12.2.  I only noticed the 2.12.2 update when someone
>> asked on the lists about a changelog for it and then someone emailed me
>> asking about it.  Now someone is asking about 2.12.3, which I find was
>> released 5/20 (according to the source zip date stamp), and when checking saw
>> that LTR is now at 2.8.9.
>
>> What's going on?
>
> The dates for the releases are fixed [0].  Point releases are not announced
> extra.  And there's a count down on the website.

Hm, that's disappointing.  Schedules and countdowns don't work for me for this.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Mon Dieu! but they are all alike.  Cheating, murdering, lying, fighting, and all for things that the beasts of the jungle would not deign to possess - money to purchase the effeminate pleasures of weaklings.  And yet withal bound down by silly customs that make them slaves to their unhappy lot while firm in the belief that they be the lords of creation enjoying the only real pleasures of existence....

- the wisdom of Tarzan