[Qgis-developer] QGIS compiling with Qt5 and Python3 on Debian

Médéric Ribreux mederic.ribreux at medspx.fr
Sun May 29 01:19:15 PDT 2016

Hello devs,

I am developping for QGIS under Debian Stretch and I have tested the
qt5/Python3 port of QGIS.

But I am facing a problem with python3 plugin ports:
* I use PORT_PLUGINS CMake parameter.
* With this parameter, plugins are "auto-ported" to Python3 with 2to3
tool.
* The result of the "port" is made in the output directory of the build
directory (output/python/plugins).
* But it seems that `make install` takes directly files from the code
directory instead of the build directory.
* This leads to install python2 version of the plugins instead of
python3 version and plugins just crashes at QGIS opening.

I am a CMake newbie so I would like to check if I have not forgotten
anything.

Do you have the same behavior ?

Cheers,

PS: I can't find something that installs/copies python3 plugins files in
install prefix directory in python/plugins/CMakeLists.txt...

--
Médéric RIBREUX
https://medspx.fr