[Qgis-developer] Snapping visual feedback

Régis Haubourg regis.haubourg at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 08:27:51 PST 2016

Hi there,

When editing geometries, it is currently impossible to know on which layer
the current edit tool is snapped.
So in case of very close vertices, nodes or segments, you have to change
your snapping settings each time you need to explicitly snap on a target
layer.
It seems that there is in autocad some kind of visual feedback by changing
the snapping cursor symbol according to which layer is snapped. We are
asked to do something similar in QGIS.

Did I miss something?
Is there any work in progress in that area?

I still don't have any draft idea of how to do that, ideas are welcome :)

Cheers
Régis