[Qgis-developer] Difficulties with the compilation of the plugin Globe

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Wed Nov 9 05:00:22 PST 2016

On 11/09/2016 01:47 PM, Bas Couwenberg wrote:
> On 2016-11-09 11:30, Elsa Darroman wrote:
>> We want to launch Globe automatically from our plugin when the user open
>> some GPS tracks but we find only the function in python :
>> iface.utils.plugins['name_plugin']
>> but not in c++.
>>
>> Is there a way in c++ to call an already implemented plugin from our
>> plugin ?

There is no way to directly access the internals of a plugin. There were
some previous discussions but it was always concluded that this
shouldn't be done.
I even wrote a patch once that exposed some globe internals as a plugin-api.

If it's just opening the globe your best option is to search in the
menus for the action and trigger this directly.

Matthias