[Qgis-developer] how to avoid full-table scans to determine primary key, extents?

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Mon Nov 14 23:11:02 PST 2016

On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 04:43:31PM -0800, Chris Nicholas wrote:

> I have noticed for a long time, that despite checking the  “use
> estimated metadata” box when adding PostGIS layers, QGIS seems to
> issue 2 full-table scan queries.

Could you check if an issue mentioning this problem exists already
on hub.qgis.org and add one if not already present ?

I've had the same impression and it is possible this was a regression.
It'd be great to have an automated test guarding against full table
scans with PostGIS, to secure the feature once for all..

--strk;

  /\   https://strk.kbt.io/services.html