[Qgis-developer] Best Practice for QGIS Plugin Help Documentation

C Hamilton adenaculture at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 12:13:09 PST 2016

As part of my plugins I want to have a Help button that displays the
documentation. What method do you recommend? I see various authors do it
differently. I see three methods for when a help button is clicked on.

1. Launch a web browser to point to the documentation on the web.
2. Have the documentation as a part of the plugin and launch a web browser
to view it.
3. Display a PyQt window with the documentation in it.

I don't consider #1 as a good option because it fails if you happen to be
disconnected from the web. What are your thoughts on #2 or #3 or do you
have a better option?

Thanks,

Calvin