[Qgis-developer] UIX/Qt5 Styles on Linux

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 14:01:50 PST 2016

On 25 November 2016 at 23:21, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:
> Il 25/11/2016 14:17, Richard Duivenvoorde ha scritto:
>
>> Ah, yes, now I have cleanlook also again...
>>
>> Adwaita misses some icons with me here by the way (screeny attached)
>
> yes, I also noticed some overlaps and not-so-nice borders.
> BTW (a long standing issue, may be worth checking it here):
> the top toolbars are movable by clicking on the dotted stripe on the
> left, except for the very first ones on the left, that seem "glued" to
> the border: is this a know issue? A Qt one?
> All the best.

Adwaita is very broken for Qt apps. Eg it makes Virtualbox unusable.

I'd actually like to see us blacklist Adwaita and not allow it for use
in Qt until the theme is fixed. Given that it's the default theme in
Fedora I think it does us a real disservice and gives new users a bad
impression of QGIS being a broken app.

Nyall