[Qgis-developer] Reporting an issue at http://hub.qgis.org/

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Sun Nov 27 02:50:34 PST 2016

On 27-11-16 09:01, Lene Fischer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to report issues at http://hub.qgis.org/ - but I have forgot my
> username/password.
>
> So now I´m in a catch22 – There is no way to get a new password – I
> can´t find a way to create a new login –
>
> Do we want users to report issues – yes/no ?
>
> If yes – it must be much easier to access a platform. Right now it is
> only for hardcore users who are really good at remembering passwords….

Hi Lene,

Short story: see below to reset your password:
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Osgeo_Userid_Help

Long story: we use osgeo-user id's (and ldap for it) because then you do
not need to remember even more passwords :-)
We could have easier QGIS password infrastructure but in my view we
shouldn't want this: it is better if we unite as geoFOSS community in
both infrastructure and use of standards.

Besides this, you need some determination to create an issue anyway as
it is best if the issuer keeps monitoring the issue and reacts on
questions from devs...

Let me know if you have a problem resetting your password (though I
cannot reset it for you either...), then we figure out another way to
issue your problem.

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde