[Qgis-developer] Any UI/UX plans for QGIS3?

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Tue Nov 29 23:09:54 PST 2016

Hi Olivier,

Il 29/11/2016 21:42, Olivier Dalang ha scritto:

> - Consistency when creating layers. Currently each provider type has a
> slightly different ui. Also it's not possible to create certain type of
> layers from the ui (eg csv layers) even if they are now well supported.

agreed. I'd add along this line that:
* the duality of DB layer management between the browser and the DB
Manager is a source of confusion; this is a complex task, but it would
be great to unify the two somehow
* the duality of adding layers through many different dedicated buttons
and through the Browser seems useless; my preference goes to the unified
Browser, adding the missing features to it.
All the best.
--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu