[Qgis-developer] QGIS D3 DataVis Plugin Status Report

C Hamilton adenaculture at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 12:11:47 PDT 2016

Paolo,

Sorry for a repeat but I forgot to do a reply all to include qgis-developer.

I have no problem installing plotly. For me it is straight forward. My
concern is will QGIS then be shipped with plotly or can plotly be combined
with the plugin itself. My concern is for the end user. For many installing
an extra package in order to run a plugin would simply mean it doesn't get
used. I like the work that Matteo and colleagues have done but because it
is based on plotly, then plotly needs to be a part of the QGIS distribution
or be distributed as a part of the plugin if we are going to take that
approach.

I would be interested in helping out their efforts because it matches some
of the analysis needs that I am trying to solve. Based on my concerns can
you tell me whether we can use plotly or do we need to use a different D3
library? Are their any licensing problems in using it? If there are no
problems with it then I will start digging into it and reading through the
DataPlot code.

What do you mean by the work of Juergen?

Thanks.