[Qgis-developer] QGIS D3 DataVis Plugin Status Report

Marco Bernasocchi marco at opengis.ch
Thu Oct 6 06:40:01 PDT 2016

Just speculating,  have you tried instead of using a custom qgs widget to promote a QWidget to one of the custom widget?  I used this in the past for using my own widgets in my plugins. An example here [1]

Ciao

[1]
http://bit.ly/2dOuDcs

On 6 October 2016 15:26:33 CEST, C Hamilton <adenaculture at gmail.com> wrote:

>> > One other thing for windows in the file PlotDialog.ui where it has
>the
>> > following:
>> >
>> >  <customwidgets>
>> >   <customwidget>
>> >    <class>QgsColorButtonV2</class>
>> >    <extends>QToolButton</extends>
>> >    <header>qgscolorbuttonv2.h</header>
>> >    <container>1</container>
>> >   </customwidget>
>> >  . . .
>> >
>> > Every time you see <header>...h</header> it needs to be changed to
>> > <header>qgis.gui</header>
>>
>> > first time I hear of such an error.. UI have been created with Qt
>> > Designer so they should be cross pltamform
>>
>> This is actually a known problem for any of the QGIS custom
>modules used in Qt Designer. It is because it is using the  C++ header
>indicate where the module is located, but since it is python it is
>located
>in qgis.gui. This is only a problem with the custom widgets and
>unfortunately when you change <header>qgscolorbuttonv2.h</header> to
><header>qgis.gui</header> and then save it with Qt Designer, it reverts
>back to the C++ header. Also this is only a problem when using
>loadUiType
>
>FORM_CLASS, _ = uic.loadUiType(os.path.join(os.path.dirname(__file__),
>'
>ui/plotDialog.ui'))
>
>If you compile the .ui file with pyuic4 then you don't encounter the
>problem.
>
>All the best!

Marco Bernasocchi (mobile).
OPENGIS.ch - berna.io - 27summits.ch