[Qgis-developer] QGIS D3 DataVis Plugin Status Report

C Hamilton adenaculture at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 06:26:33 PDT 2016

> > One other thing for windows in the file PlotDialog.ui where it has the
> > following:
> >
> >  <customwidgets>
> >   <customwidget>
> >    <class>QgsColorButtonV2</class>
> >    <extends>QToolButton</extends>
> >    <header>qgscolorbuttonv2.h</header>
> >    <container>1</container>
> >   </customwidget>
> >  . . .
> >
> > Every time you see <header>...h</header> it needs to be changed to
> > <header>qgis.gui</header>
>
> > first time I hear of such an error.. UI have been created with Qt
> > Designer so they should be cross pltamform
>
> This is actually a known problem for any of the QGIS custom
modules used in Qt Designer. It is because it is using the  C++ header to
indicate where the module is located, but since it is python it is located
in qgis.gui. This is only a problem with the custom widgets and
unfortunately when you change <header>qgscolorbuttonv2.h</header> to
<header>qgis.gui</header> and then save it with Qt Designer, it reverts
back to the C++ header. Also this is only a problem when using loadUiType

FORM_CLASS, _ = uic.loadUiType(os.path.join(os.path.dirname(__file__), '
ui/plotDialog.ui'))

If you compile the .ui file with pyuic4 then you don't encounter the
problem.

All the best!