[Qgis-developer] Fwd: Re: [Geopackage] Geopackage on a shared network drive

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Mon Oct 3 03:16:35 PDT 2016

> There's the "read only" setting (hidden away) under Project Properties
> -> Identify Layers which this could potentially hook into.

Didn't know that one! I see this is done through the
QgsVectorLayer::setReadOnly( bool readonly )" interface. So in case we would
need that at the provider level (which is not so confirmed in this case) we
could plug that there.

Side note: on a quick try there's some oddity in the GUI. If I just change a
layer to Read-Only the "Toggle editing" button is still enabled. It becomes
disabled only after I choose the "Select features by id" mode and clicked on a
feature. And symetrically when changing back to Read-Write.

http://www.spatialys.com