[Qgis-developer] Change PSC Community Manager Role

Yves Jacolin yjacolin at free.fr
Mon Oct 3 04:29:43 PDT 2016

On Thursday, August 25, 2016 22:28:10 Tim Sutton wrote:
> Hi Otto
>
> > On 23 Aug 2016, at 5:11 PM, Otto Dassau <dassau at gbd-consult.de> wrote:
> >
> > Dear Community,
> >
> > there will be a change in the QGIS PSC.
> >
> > I (Otto) decided to step back from my PSC role as Community Advisor. I
> > enjoyed being part of the PSC for a couple of years but realized that I
> > won't find enough time in the future for this job anymore.
> >
> > At the hackfest in Bonn the PSC decided not to recast the Community
> > Advisor
> > role. Instead there will be team managers who together with a team of
> > contributors will take care about the tasks this role has included so far.
> >
> > In this context we are happy to announce that we have already found two
> > well known community members to fill this gap - Lene Fischer from Denmark
> > and Yves Jacoline from France. Lene will concentrate on community tasks
> > and Yves on documentation.
> >
> > More details about the new structure will be announced by the PSC in the
> > near future.
>
> You have done an amazing job in the QGIS project and in the PSC over the
> years -having great user documentation is a huge selling point for QGIS. I
> thank you on behalf of everyone in the project and we look forward in
> collaborating with you in the future, even if you are no longer actively
> serving on the PSC.
>
> To Lene and Yves, a huge thank you for stepping in to fill Otto's shoes - we
> could not have asked for more capable substitutes!
>
> Regards
>
> Tim
>
> > Best wishes
> > Otto

Hello,

Back to holidays and after the time needed to read all my waiting email :) I
am here again.

I would like to thanks Otto also. He did a lot of good jobs on documentation
and was a great help when I started to contribute. I remember that you tell me
that I have the skills to contribute during my first QGIS hackfest. Even if I
started from the most part of my contribution to work on the translation, I am
now working on the documentation.

This is something I learned working with such a great community: help people
to contribute, and wait. At one moment, they will contribute more and more. it
can be sum up with "Plant a seed. Be patient.".

Thanks you Otto :) and the PSC!

Y.