[Qgis-developer] Show Geotagged Images on Map

kimaidou kimaidou at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 00:50:30 PDT 2016

Hi,

Sorry, my previous message was a bit "dry". Here are the steps:

* Open the vector layer properties dialog
* Go to the Style tab
* Use "Single symbol renderer"
* Choose "SVG Symbol"
* In the text input with the path to SVG, instead of using the "..." button
to choose a file, click instead of the button right next to it, to be able
to enter an expression. Choose "Edit"
* It opens a new dialog, with 2 tabs : Expression and Function  editor ->
Go to the latest "Function editor" tab.
* You can here create a "New file" via the button at the top
* Then choose a name, and then you can copy/paste the whole text you found
in the URL https://gist.github.com/mdouchin/d66191ccfadd74cff3f0
* Then you can go back to the first tab "Expression", and use an expression
such as

show_picture( "picture_path_fieldname" )

where "picture_path_filename" is the name of the field containing the path
to the image for each feature. (you can have absolute path, or better,
paths relative to the QGIS project)

This is a bit cumbersome, but should work :)

Regards,
Michaël