[Qgis-developer] About my plugins ...

Victor Olaya volayaf at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 00:28:45 PDT 2016

We all know that the mechanism is not perfect and the catalog of
plugins could be handled better, but I dont think that such a decision
on you side helps improving it.

A large (very large) part of user will never ever go to github and
install a plugin manually, which means that, for them, now QGIS has
less functionality than before. That's not a good thing.

As a plugin dev...which advantages do you have removing the plugin
form the plugin server? I can only see disadvantages.

In any case, it's good that you raised this issue, I think it's
important to improve the plugins catalog and how it's handled, so
hopefully this will start a fruitful discussion about it.

Cheers