[Qgis-developer] Sandboxing python

Nathan Woodrow madmanwoo at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 02:17:39 PDT 2016

Honestly, this is getting tiresome.

If you don't like the approval processes that we have in place currently
you can create a new plugin repo, it's just an XML file exposed via
webserver, there are docs around for it.

You can give this URL to people and they can install your plugins via that.

If you don't want to do that, then you will have to go through the approval
process.  I'm sure there are reasons it took longer than normal, maybe
review those first.

If you want to follow the sandboxed Python route and see how far you get
fine, however again I suspect you are in for a long road given the complex
nature of that and you would still have to
be able to support what we can in core, etc.

- Nathan