[Qgis-developer] ogrLayerName in processing/tools/vector.py

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Mon Oct 17 04:29:04 PDT 2016

Victor,

following a recent comment on a fix to ogrLayerName [1] I'm wondering
what the exact semantic of ogrLayerName should be, as it's not
documented anywhere. Should it accept any kind of "uri" from any
layer provider or only those from the OGR provider ?

[1] https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/commit/6c5364186dd8d45ac51e5bd1a72c6a542f032cb1#commitcomment-19439676

My fix was assuming we were talking about an OGR provider URI, thus
extracting the name from a layer instance constructed via the OGR provider
using the given URI, but the user comment suggests it is not only used
in that way ?

--strk;