[Qgis-developer] Newbie question re: Qt, PyQt on MAC Yosemite, Sierra

Chris Nicholas cnicholas at housecanary.com
Mon Oct 17 14:43:20 PDT 2016

loaded up QGIS 2.14 ‘Essen’ got all psyched to dive in and do a plugin, and seem to be hitting a brick wall…

From what I understand, you must use PyQt4, unless you compile EVERYTHING from source with Qt5 …

soo… thought I would just use an older Qt version… WRONG !  the installer says it is incompatible with this version of OS X ..

so… thought I would compile the Qt4 sources from scratch … WRONG!  as per:
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-48079 <https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-48079>

so…. um …. am I outta luck?

advice/condolences/RTFMs welcomed

thanks in advance!