[Qgis-developer] Newbie question re: Qt, PyQt on MAC Yosemite, Sierra

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Mon Oct 17 18:30:55 PDT 2016

Are you using my package or trying to compile from source?

My package has everything needed in the app - Qt4 & PyQt4.

QGIS 2 is not completely ready for Qt5, so yes you need to use Qt4.  Does the Qt4 installer refuse to install on your system, or just give a warning?  I've never heard of it refusing to install.  It should still work as long as you use a system SDK.  I compile QGIS on Yosemite, but using an old Mt Lion SDK.