[Qgis-developer] Building and debugging QGIS on Windows x64

fritsvanveen fritsvanveen at ziggo.nl
Tue Oct 18 00:05:03 PDT 2016

Hi Casper

I have recently build QGIS on my Windows10 system with Visual Studio 2010
with partial success. I could run and debug QGIS, but Python support did not
work (yet).
This is my shortlist of fixes to get my build working:

add libs to qgis_core:
setupapi.lib
C:\OSGeo4W64\lib\lwgeom.lib
C:\OSGeo4W64\lib\libxml2.lib
C:\OSGeo4W64\lib\freexl_i.lib
C:\OSGeo4W64\lib\iconv.lib
C:\OSGeo4W64\lib\zlib.lib
legacy_stdio_definitions.lib

add libs to virtuallayerprovider:
C:\OSGeo4W64\lib\lwgeom.lib
C:\OSGeo4W64\lib\libxml2.lib
C:\OSGeo4W64\lib\freexl_i.lib
C:\OSGeo4W64\lib\iconv.lib
C:\OSGeo4W64\lib\zlib.lib

qgis_core
Ignore specific default libraries: LIBCMT.lib

remainder not found: define in gmath.c
double remainder(double X, double Y) { return fmod(X, Y); }

compile with /bigobj:
python_module_qgis__gui.vcxproj
python_module_qgis__core.vcxproj

spatialite.lib does not include the 5 libs from OSGeo4W64, so I added them.
The DLL which gets included  with spatialite_i.lib has those libs onboard,
so Jürgen's advice is probably better.
The other changes will manifest themselves as the compiler and linker start
to complain!
Each time, you update the source from the remote master, the changes have to
be performed again!
BTW, are you building master_2? The master depends now on Qt5 and Python3
and the build instructions are not targeted for that. I am now in the
process of building the master with Visual Studio 2015, where I have to
build some libraries myself from source.

Let me know if I can help.

Frits