[Qgis-developer] Building and debugging QGIS on Windows x64

Casper Børgesen (CABO) CABO at NIRAS.DK
Tue Oct 18 23:21:40 PDT 2016

Hi Frits

Thank you for your answer and your guidance. I used Jürgens advise and used the spatialite_i.lib instead and I got a bit further. I am now also able to run and debug a QGIS session, but I cannot use python either, which I really want to.

I am using master_2 and building QGIS using "RelWithDebInfo", since "debug" gives me a lot of errors. Are the difference between the two, that using "debug" I'll be able to debug dependencies and not just the QGIS project?

Right now when I build the solution I get a set of errors which all seems to have the same pattern (this one for the pyplugin-installer):

263>------ Build started: Project: pyplugin-installer, Configuration: RelWithDebInfo x64 ------
262>  qgis_geometrytest.vcxproj -> C:\QGIS\build\output\bin\RelWithDebInfo\qgis_geometrytest.exe
262>  qgis_geometrytest.vcxproj -> C:\QGIS\build\output\bin\RelWithDebInfo\qgis_geometrytest.exe
263>  Building Custom Rule C:/QGIS/master_2/python/pyplugin_installer/CMakeLists.txt
263>  CMake does not need to re-run because C:\QGIS\build\python\pyplugin_installer\CMakeFiles\generate.stamp is up-to-date.
263>  Generating ui_qgsplugininstallerfetchingbase.py
98>c:\qgis\master_2\src\app\ogr\qgsvectorlayersaveasdialog.cpp(294): warning C4701: potentially uninitialized local variable 'factory' used
263>  Traceback (most recent call last):
263>    File "C:\QGIS\master_2\scripts\\pyuic-wrapper.py", line 26, in <module>
263>      import qgis.PyQt.uic.pyuic
263>    File "C:\QGIS\build\output\python\qgis\__init__.py", line 27, in <module>
263>      from qgis.core import QgsFeature, QgsGeometry
263>    File "C:\QGIS\build\output\python\qgis\core\__init__.py", line 30, in <module>
263>      from qgis._core import *
263>  ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.
263>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(151,5): error MSB6006: "cmd.exe" exited with code 1.

Has this got something to do with the double slash near pyuic-wrapper.py and in that case, where should I fix it? Or is this problem about something completely different?

Regards, Casper