[Qgis-developer] Issue with vector menu and localization

DelazJ delazj at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 01:45:57 PDT 2016

Hi,

Indeed, this is a 2.16 bug which has been fixed. On my french machine, I
have a single Vector/Vecteur/Vektor menu (corresponding to the language I
select) which contains both plugins and processing functions.

In 2.18, When I let everything in french, I still have an unique Vecteur
menu containing all functions.
But I have 2 menus 'Vector' (for plugins) and 'Vecteur' (for Processing)
when i override my locale with english. Pressing the ALT key reveals that
both menus do not have same shortcut.
I also get double menus (Vektor vs Vecteur) when I switch to Deutsch. But
ALT shortcut are identical (V)

This behavior is totally different from the one described by Andreas so I
wonder if it has not to do with translation rather than code.

Harrissou