[Qgis-developer] Issue with vector menu and localization

Arnaud Morvan arnaud.morvan at camptocamp.com
Fri Oct 28 01:24:33 PDT 2016

Hi Andreas,

We got the same problem with 2.16 in french.

The processing menu configuration do not support translations.
Once the first run have been made, the config menu entries are set in
the current translation.

Note that when this will be corrected in transifex and released (Vect&or
translation for the processing menu entries),
I've added a reset button in processing dialog next to menus node in
master branch,
but this have not been backported to master_2.
Here is a backport pull request : https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/3686

I think that we should remove the "Vect&or/" prefix in processing config
for menus.
Adding it dynamically when creating the menu entries would be better.

Chears

Arnaud Morvan
Ingénieur logiciel
Tél: +33 (0)4 58 48 20 32